Fundrace 2018 is held to raise funds to support elite Junior ski racers from the National Capital area who are bound to the World Championships.
The 2018 World Junior and U23 Championships will be held in Goms, Switzerland from 28 January until 3 February 2018. And just to go there, our Canadian athletes must pay $3,200 prior to departure from Canada.
So, while these elite athletes will be participating in the French Cup races on January 20-21, we will be raising funds and (having) fun racing for them ☺
This will be the 4th time XCCM has organized this fundraiser race! It all started in winter 2013, with both the2013 and 2014 edition of the Masters For Juniors Time Trial being held in the Gatineau Park. Team sprints were introduced with the 2015 edition of M4J, held at Nakkertok South when we raised $3600 for local juniors in 2015. See our past fund raising web page for details about those races, the recipients, and their awards.
FUNDRACE DETAILS: Team Sprint
- DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018
- RACE START: 9 am
- BIB PICKUP: 8 am
- LOCATION: Meredith Centre, 23 chemin Cecil in Chelsea Quebec.
- STYLE: Classic
- FORMAT: This will be a fun focused event. Everyone is welcome, kids, youth, adults! Two person team sprint format. Mass start by category. “Team” sprints are two-person teams racing an approx. 750m sprint course. Both team members use the same technique. The first skier races a lap of the course and then tags their teammate, who skis a lap of the course before tagging their teammate. Each teammate skis three laps of the course for a total of six laps per team. Expect each race to take about 30 min.
All NCD categories are available for registration: Register in the men, women, or mixed gender categories. Your YOB will be used to register you for the appropriate NCD category. Teams with multiple category ages will have results calculated based on the YOB of the oldest skier.
- Categories are as follows:
- Atom 1/2 (ages 6/7),
- Mighty Mite 1/2 (ages 8/9).
- Pee Wee 1/2 (ages 10/11),
- Midget 1/2 (ages 12/13),
- Juvenile (ages 14/15),
- Junior boy/girls (ages 16/17),
- Junior men/women (ages 18/19),
- Senior (ages 20-29),
- Masters (30+)
- Categories are as follows:
- COSTUMES: Because this event is for fun, teams are encouraged to have matching – and unusual – outfits. And think about teaming up with a younger (or older) person!
- NCD POINTS: Yes, the race is part of NCD calendar
- VOLUNTEERING: XCCM welcomes volunteers for race day. Please contact email@example.com if you are willing to volunteer time towards raising funds for our Juniors.
- FREE PARKING: Meredith Lower parking lot (first one next to the soccer fields; upper parking lot for drop-off or pick-up only) and Chelsea Elementary School.
- Click the button below to be taken to the Zone4.ca online
registration for this event
- Midnight on Friday 19 January 2018
- no registration on site
- Registration: $30 per person or $50 as a team (2 persons)
- Registration through Zone 4, under Fundrace 2018
- PLEASE MAKE YOUR DONATION WHEN YOU REGISTER. All donations made on-line through Zone 4 will be given directly to the local Junior skiers who qualify for support.
2018 Course Map
Course maps will be available on site.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 08:00 AM Registration
- 09:00 AM Registration closes
- 09:15 AM MEN
- 09:45 AM WOMEN
- 10:15 AM MIXED GENDER
- 10:45 AM End of races
- 11:15 AM AWARDS & GRAND PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT
- 11:45 AM End of event