Camp Mercier On-Snow Camp – December 8. 9. 10, & 11
XC Chelsea Masters will be returning again in 2016 to Camp Mercier. Just north of Quebec City, this region normally offers the best skiing conditions this early in the season. The purpose of the winter training camp is to get as many hours on snow as possible, work on technique and get those true ski legs back. Refunds will be provided if cancelled on account of lack of snow.
- Dates: December 8-11, 2016. Drive there on Thursday. Ski Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Return to Ottawa Sun afternoon.
- Location: Camp Mercier, 6 hours from Gatineau and very near Forêt Montmorency.
- Activities (tbc):
- Friday – 3 hour coached session in the a.m.; 2-3 hour free ski Friday afternoon; 1.5 hour coached seminar Friday evening.
- Saturday – 3 hour coached session in the a.m.; 2-3 hour free ski Saturday afternoon; group potluck Saturday evening.
- Sunday – 3 hour group ski in the a.m.; have lunch and pack up to return to Ottawa in the p.m.
- We can also spend one day at Foret Montmorency to have more variety of trails.
- Coaches: TBD
- Accommodations: We have reserved three cabins for a total of 12 spots. Each cozy cabin has two bedrooms with two single beds (which can be put together for couples) in each, a Franklin fireplace, a kitchen and washroom facilities. The cabins are a few meters from the ski trails. Waxing facilities are located in the main chalet. But you can also set up your wax benches on the porches of the cabins but certainly not inside the cabins. You only need to bring your sleeping bag and towels.
- Transportation: By car. We will coordinate car-pooling.
- Meals: You will prepare your own meals with your cabin mates. The cabins have good kitchen facilities. On Saturday we will have a communal pot-luck meal.
- Cost: $225
- Snow: In 2014 there was plenty of deep snow at the time of the camp.
- Note: Camp Mercier will reimburse us if we have to cancel due to a lack of snow.